Laptop Advice - i7, 16gb

divster 10 Jan 13

I'm after a performance laptop I've been given only 2 requirements by our IT department: 16Gb RAM, or 8gb that i can upgrade to 16gb and an i7 processor.

I'd like to get it for under £1000 which i appreciate might be tricky especially as SDD hard drive wouldbe nice.

Other nice to have:

HD screen (no more than 15.3") HDMI

Also - i'd like to buy it without the operating system as we've got plenty of licences with our MAPS licensing.

Any suggestions appreciated - no preference on brand, except not Apple

David

Nontek 10 Jan 13
  divster 11 Jan 13

I've had notification of 2 other responses, but i can't see them?

Nontek 11 Jan 13

Yes, they were probably my warning to FE about a Spam entry, and the Spam entry itself - so FE no doubt has removed them, quite rightly so.

divster 11 Jan 13

agreed. Like the look of the Novatech, thanks for that assuming you don't work for them :0)

Nontek 11 Jan 13

No I don't work for them - I am 78yrs young and retired!

But I have bought from Novatech, including my latest shiny new laptop with i5 processor, which I am more than pleased with.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message