Laptop Advice: Acer Aspire 6920G or 8920G?

p_cowell141 15:58 31 Aug 08

After being told that my one year and one month old Samsung R70 laptop would be easier and cheaper to replace than repair, I am now on the lookout for a replacement.

After a good scout around the usual places (magazines, pc world, etc.) I fancy either the 8920g or the 6920g made by Acer.

The ideal solution would have been the fully kitted out 8920G with tha T9300 processor which is on sale at PC world for only £799. But, as is always the case, there is none in stock and they won't be getting any more in.

So that leaves me with the choice of the standard 8920G model with the bigger screen or the fully kitted out 6920g model with the smaller screen. Both available from ebuyer for around the same price.

What do people think? Portability won't be that much of an issue, but the standard 8920g only has a t5750 processor.

p_cowell141 16:00 31 Aug 08

Here:

6920G click here

8920G click here

chub_tor 17:43 31 Aug 08

Comparing the specs side by side on the ebuyer site shows that the 8920 has a bigger display and battery and is therefore heavier. As you say the processor is slower than the 6920.

If you want to watch DVD's etc then an 18" screen would be pretty good but it is a big heavy machine to tote around.

They both have Bluray DVD and in all other respects except for the processor they seem to be identical. I doubt if the processor speed will make a lot of difference to you unless you plan to do a lot of movie editing so it is up to you if you want a big display with its consequent weight increase and possible shorter operating life on battery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now