Laptop advice

r.s.logan 21:16 19 Sep 06

I am about to buy a laptop from Evesham for my daughter to use at university and would be grateful for any advice given. I am thinking of buying a Voyager c530 with a Intel Centrino processor or a Quest a420 which has a AMD turion 64 mt37 processor.Not having a lot of knowledge in this field, I would hope some-one could help . many thanks.

Jackcoms 21:41 19 Sep 06

What will your daughter be using it for at University?

r.s.logan 22:06 19 Sep 06

Jackcoms
She is training to be a nurse and it will be used in connection with this .What that entails I honestly do not know. She just said that it was needed for her studies , perhaps I should have asked for more information. thanks.

josie mayhem 23:48 19 Sep 06

Not sure what spec's are offering... but if she is using it at uni then I would look at wireless connection, dvd burner, battery power (how long it lasts) and then hhd size the bigger the better and memory larger memory helps, I would also with memory check weather ther grapic card share the main memory... Then weight! my lappy is a lovely machine when sat on a desk, but by the time you've got it packed in a bag (rucksack) and included the other items you need, it is very heavy to transport around.

Processor wise, power comsumption is more to the point, as this will have more of effect on how long you can use the laptop before using power, than it's performance as a processor...

Hope this helps....

Mavisk 11:21 20 Sep 06

Try looking click here
For some ideas and good deals.

r.s.logan 12:07 20 Sep 06

Mavisk
Just returned from newsagent where I bought "What-Laptop" Oct edition.Good book ,but website which you suggested even better.Many thanks for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5