Laptop with a 4:3 screen

colin1951uk 19:23 05 Feb 08

Folks I want to buy a new laptop with a conventional 4:3 screen ration..but where I ask?

I've found a couple of Dells..the D520 & D530..but I discount the 520 as it's only offered with a celeron option..so that just leaves me with a 530..not much choice!

I been looking around my local stores and on the net and everything seems widescreen now which I want to avoid as I work with large graphics in the main. Widescreen tends to chop off the top/bottom of the graphic and it's a case of continous scrolling to get by which is a real pain. 4:3 is a joy to work with for me.

Anyone know of other suppliers who might do a 4:3 model..moneys not really a problem as long as it does the job.

Cheers..Colin

Al94 21:13 05 Feb 08

This link is better click here

Al94 21:24 05 Feb 08

Sorry, misread, the T61 there semms to be widescreen now

colin1951uk 11:14 06 Feb 08

Well looking through there are a couple of T61's with 4:3..the better model (UI0A9UK) has an Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M...BUT it's poorly received on NotebookReview.com...the display is lousy and for a £1000+ I don't think I'm going to risk it.

So it' Dell..or maybe I can try Ebay for a good quality second user unit..although I'd much prefer a new one.

It seems laptops (I dunno about desktops) are going the way of televisions..you try getting a 4:3 tv now bigger than 21 inch..not a chance..widescreen is the fashion..I dunno why coz I personaly can't stand it..I'm getting old lol.

Anyway I'll see if Ebay can be my saviour.

Thanks for the pointers chaps..Colin

keef66 16:26 06 Feb 08

Tried Morgan Computers? they do older / refurb stuff so you may have a better choice of 4:3's.

Alternatively could you work with an external monitor? (mind you, they are all following the widescreen herd too)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5