Laptop for £250-300??

lucozade9 19:07 25 Nov 07

Hi guys,

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a good, solid, reliable laptop for around £250-300 please??

I only want to use it for wireless internet/msn etc and watching films as well as a bit of microsoft office so nothing fancy just something that is good value for money and is going to last.

Thanks for your help

SANTOS7 19:46 25 Nov 07

click here

might find something in your price range here, there are new and refurbed.

spuds 19:46 25 Nov 07

At that price you are possibly looking at the second hand or refurbished market. The type of laptops mentioned can fall into various categories, ranging from good buy to goodbye, depending on component specifications and perhaps mainly battery life (batteries can be expensive), unless you run off the mains power.

Personally I would pay another £100/£150 and buy new, at least you should have a consumers rights warranty.

Simsy 05:11 26 Nov 07

for a colleague, and found this at £299 all inclusive;
click here

I'm not really a laptop expert, but this one has lots of good reviews, with the only apparent issue being how much use you get per battery charge... but that seems to be an issue with lots of laptops, and at this price I suppose something has to give!

Others just slightly dearer I shortlisted include;
click here
click here
click here

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Taff™ 06:15 26 Nov 07

click here PC World have a couple of laptops that will meet your needs however I agree with previous comments in that there is always a trade of in this price bracket. In this case it is a 13" screen and a 1.5 hour battery life. I would also look at the build quality since you mention "good, solid" & "is going to last".

Kinky Afro 12:10 26 Nov 07

The £299 Acer Aspire 5315 at Comet seems to be a decent enough deal for the cash. The processor is a bit on the slow side but will be just fine for what your looking for. The screen is very nice and the build quality and reliability of the Acers always seem to be good.

click here

dms05 21:31 26 Nov 07

Tesco have a nice Acer 3100 for £299. Runs Vista and has 1GB RAM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…