Laptop for £20? What's the scam?

Qdiddy 22:46 09 Nov 04

Has anyone seen this on Ebay?

click here

What's the scam, other than the "seller" making a few quid for every link he sells? Has anyone bought this "link"? Has you ever received their laptop?

Best of all the seller here calls himself "fistingu"

Forum Editor 23:02 09 Nov 04

is certainly a bargain, and if anyone could really get a machine like that for so little he would not be telling you about it on an Ebay auction - he would be buying as many as possible and selling them for £100 each.

spuds 23:03 09 Nov 04

This question as been aired before within the forum.Make your bid,pay the seller and get the link, follow through with the deal then sit back and await the bargain. ;o)

Cook2 23:08 09 Nov 04

• • You are bidding on the information that will enable you to get a brand new Sony vaio laptop from just £20. I DO NOT supply the item but A WEBSITE where you can purchase one. This is now one of the hottest items of information currently on EBay and is a 100% genuine and legal offer. The successful bidder will receive an email from me and will provide you with a link to the company websites where you can order yourself a BRAND NEW Sony vaio laptop from just £20 there is no guarantee of how long you will have to wait before you receive your laptop but it usually takes around 30 days. I have already been successful once and I’m definitely doing it again! Why miss out on this information when you have to pay so little?

Forum Editor 00:06 10 Nov 04

when you have to pay so little? Well, I can give you the information for nothing at all..........you will not be getting a brand new Sony Vaio laptop for £20.

georgemac 00:35 10 Nov 04

usually a pyramid scheme

you pay £20 for some ebooks

once every 100 or 200 sign up, the person at the top of the waiting list gets a laptop - some therefore I would think will never ever see a laptop for their £20

and the person selling the ebooks gets extremely rich - IMHO it's a scam

georgemac 00:42 10 Nov 04

click here for how it works

Vague Boy 02:09 10 Nov 04

I'm shocked, shocked that people might think it's a scam, £20 for a Sony Vaio, quick, where do I sign up?

Seriously, as FE says, if you could get any Vaio at that price, you could sell it for many hundreds of pounds on Ebay.

I certainly wouldn't be as generous as this indivdual would like us to think they're being!

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:46 10 Nov 04

It is a matrix scheeme and is totally lame. It relies on people's greed, like if you could get them for £20 you would be flogging them all over Ebay........click here

G

anchor 09:14 10 Nov 04

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Don`t touch it with a bargepole.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…