Laptop for 12yr old Daughter £250 -£300

AlAndrews 17:39 PM 10 Nov 12

Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I have agreed to get my daughter a Laptop for schoolwork and entertainment, you I will install MS Office and then Movies, Music, iPlayer etc.

I'm budgeting up to £300 for a new or refurbished ie open box return not used.

Any help or advice or good deals anyone has seen welcome.

Nontek 18:55 PM 10 Nov 12

I recommend the second one down in this link ...

within your budget...

Nontek 19:05 PM 10 Nov 12

Same thing but with Win7 installed,

A little over budget, but worth it!

canarieslover 08:50 AM 11 Nov 12

It could be worth looking through the Argos eBay site. Argos eBay. Many are described as refurbished but I believe in most cases they are open box returns. Stock changes quite frequently but today there is a Sony Vaio Sony Vaiothat meets your criteria, just £6 over budget, and also a Toshiba. Toshiba C855. Just two examples and they have the benefit of twelve months warranty.

The Kestrel 10:55 AM 12 Nov 12
  spuds 11:57 AM 12 Nov 12

I would suggest that if you go for something from Ebuyer, you ask about additional ram. A few pounds more might make a good difference for schoolwork and entertainment.

AlAndrews 12:47 PM 12 Nov 12

Thanks for the response so far, I can see that Toshiba seems a popular choice, what do you think about this:

spuds 13:25 PM 12 Nov 12

With the Tesco Outlet refurbished unit, take note about the battery guarantee, because these can be expensive to replace.

The other point worth considering is that the refurbishment might have been done by a third party repairer of Tesco choosing, and not Toshiba who might not want to become involved if the laptop should fail?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know