Lappy reviewed in current PCA not available?

Kate B 22:47 03 Mar 05

I gave a friend the notebook reviews from the current issue of PCA and she quite fancied the MV Mobeus 1.8 - but it's not available on the website.

Isn't there some deal struck that review machines should be available?

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:19 04 Mar 05
  wiz-king 07:13 04 Mar 05

Gold star for Kate B, nill points GANDALF. It is most lightly because of the advertising / review lead times. I would ask them when it would be available, it should be now or very shortly.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:33 04 Mar 05

*ahem*...I managed to configure a 1.8 and got to checkout without any 'we are out of stock', unless I am missing something......

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:34 04 Mar 05

It shows a 1.6 on the website but you can configure it to 1.8 ;-))))) Nil points there then.

wiz-king 13:50 04 Mar 05

Ok points given but your 'click here' said 1.6 and thats what is advertised, this wizard didnt go all through the site to change the configuration. Grovel Grovel. Kate B must have made the same error and expected to see it 'off the shelf'.

TomJerry 15:30 04 Mar 05

call 2kg 12" laptop "ultra portablle", what a joke!

ASUS has M5000 series (12" with DVD writer) only 1.55 kg.

If you do not have to have optical driver, Samgsung's Q30 only 1kg.

TomJerry 17:10 04 Mar 05
  Forum Editor 20:29 04 Mar 05

You can configure the 1.6 to a 1.8 quite easily on the site, but.............something's not right about the price.

Our review price is £899 including the VAT and the site produces a price of £997.58 (excluding the delivery charge).

I confess I'm rushing to get to a quick meeting (I know, it's Friday evening, but it's a client, and a good one) and haven't had time to compare the configuration of our review machine with the onsite model, so there maybe something there that's affected the final cost - maybe you can take a more detailed look and see what you come up with? I'll check back later.

ensonricky 18:37 05 Mar 05

Have you solved the mystery of the available spec but unavailable price? We must be told!

Forum Editor 01:07 06 Mar 05

I'm incredibly busy this weekend - deadline to meet for the magazine - so I'm relying on someone else to dig around the specifications to see if the online machine tallies with out review spec.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…