Lapping Kit for HSF, where can i get one?

Mysticnas 12:01 18 Jul 05

Hi again all,

I'm posting an awful lot recently...

Anyway..

I'm looking for a Lapping Kit similar to these click here , click here .

I've tried looking for the paper myself in local shops and haven't been able to find any. That particular retailer (Kustom PCs) has been out of stock for a while now.

If anyone can help that'd be great!

Thanks all.

Nas ;o)

MidgetMan 13:38 18 Jul 05
  wiz-king 17:03 18 Jul 05

About p14 click here

radi8or 17:57 18 Jul 05

Mysticnas,

This what your looking for
click here

I bought mine from click here
but at the momentthey are out of stock.

Regards Bob

radi8or 18:00 18 Jul 05

Mysticnas

ooops ignore paragraph 2 should have read all your post

Regards Bob

Mysticnas 18:29 18 Jul 05

Over-clock, are they buying from Kustom PC? As you know they've sold out.

I contacted them today and they don't know when to expect shipment from USA.

Halfords sell (seperately) 400grit through to 1500grit paper for wet metal work. There's 4 full sheets in each pack costing £2 per pack.

I'm tempted.

I'd just buy another HSF if i could but nothing decent will fit my motherboard. I have a Gigabyte GA-SiNXP1394 with it's DPS card sloted in. This causes an obsctruction for any of the current HSF on the market.

radi8or 18:55 18 Jul 05

Mysticnas,

Yeah I know I have a GA8KNXP and bought a Zalman quiet HS click here scroll down a little, all copper one, with 120mm fan, weighs a ton but a really good cooler, anyway when I came to fit it it completely covered the DPS slot, so I left the DPS out, a couple of reviews I read thought it was more cosmetic than anything

I dont know about the halfords paper I know the Kustom stuff goes down to some really fine grit and Over-Clocks have a 10,000 grit polish.

I have just ordered one as a top up till Kustom get some stock

Regards Bob

Mysticnas 19:50 18 Jul 05

So it won't actually help with my overclocking then???

radi8or 20:52 18 Jul 05

Mysticnas

Sorry for delay was in helproom, yeah I suppose it would help if overclocking as it's supposed to be more stable for higher demands, never considered that angle, as never considered
overclocking

Regards Bob

Mysticnas 20:55 18 Jul 05

i've currently got a P4 2.4 in there clocked at 2.8. Got a new 3.06Ghz to bung in see if i can get it to 3.6.

It's just there waiting to be put in, but i can't until i've properly cleaned and lapped the HSF or able to find a decent one that fits the board! (ho-hum)

Mysticnas 13:33 19 Jul 05

is it special or can i use halfords sandpaper? they do it down to 1500grit. I'd have to find a polish then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…