Laminating Photographs

1911 15:03 02 Feb 05

I was intrested in article in this months PCA "Nothing like the real thing" as regards
non-branded inks.
The conclusion was that they would fade very quickly.
I wonder if laminating them would make them last longer?
I have been doing this for about a year now. So far no fading. At first I used PhotoPaper but recently,for economic reasons, I used HeavyWeight inkjet paper.With the laminate pouch the total price for A4 size page is 21p. Has any one else tried this and will it help with the fading problem?

pj123 16:51 02 Feb 05

Don't know if this is any consolation to you, but I have a print of a single tulip. A4 size printed on Instant Dry Photo Glossy Paper from Choice Stationery using compatible ink cartridges (also from Choice). It is in a frame behind glass and has been on a southwest facing wall for about 4 years. There is no sign of fading, (yet).

oresome 19:36 02 Feb 05

Sorry, no experience of laminating photos. Plastic is far less inert than glass and I would expect some detrimental effect over time though between the ink and chemicals in the plastic.

Like pj123, I don't consider fading a problem over a few years, especially if not exposed to sunlight.

HappySoul 20:41 02 Feb 05

Laminating is said to keep photos indefinitly. You can also use Photo Quality Inkjet paper rather than glossy.

If you mail me 1911 and send one or two of your favourite pics. I'll print a couple of 6 x 4's, laminate them and post them off.

You can then be the judge.

HappySoul 20:44 02 Feb 05

I did of course mean e-mail me a couple of your pics.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…