LaCie 200GB USB2 7200rpm HDD

Les 20:07 19 Oct 05

Does anyone have any experience if the above, as regards reliability, speed, ease of use etc.
I want an external disk so that I can store an image of my computer hard disk (also 200gb) contents. Also, the hext program with which to do that.

genuinefake 20:37 19 Oct 05

from what ive seen from lacie, their products seem very good...

puma22 20:43 19 Oct 05

Got a Lacie 250mb from ebuyer last week. At the moment it seems brilliant. No set up needed, just plugged it in!
I did need to reformat to NTFS, but that was easy (someone on here kindly helped)

Starfox 21:57 19 Oct 05

Bought one two years ago and it has worked fine from day one,no problems and very simple to set up and use.Go get one.

Les 23:13 19 Oct 05

I have seen this brand time and time again - thnaks to your advice I will, indeed 'go get one', haven't decided where to get it from yet though!

Joe R 18:10 20 Oct 05
  Les 20:24 24 Oct 05

Thnaks Joe, but I have already bought the 250gb version from Dabs (£110 inc delivery).

Puma22: I wondered why XP couldn't find it - on reading the 'destructions' I realised that it had a tiny switch at the back - that on and there it was. Why do we always think that we don't need to ready manuals 8-)) Like you I formatted it for NTFS - just over 3/4 hr later it was ready for use. The USB lead is very short - presumably so that there is no degrading of the signal?

Les 16:51 25 Oct 05

I'm sure that everyone reading the above will have taken note!

Now, I have my 25ogb disk and my intention was to use BOOTIT to make an image of my computer's C Drive contents. However, I seem to have 'lost it' in that I cannot make head nor tale of how this should be insyalled properly - despite reading the manual - either it is not clear - or - I have indeed 'lost it' meaning the old brain box has seized up and is not functioning properly anymore! 8-)) Has anyone installed this software successfully?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…