KWIK SAVE medion dig cam

woody 17:05 04 Dec 03

I see kwik save have the medion slimline dig cam 3.1 meg pix for sale £69.99.
While 3.1 meg pix sounds good does anyone know what it is like overall?

Stuartli 17:20 04 Dec 03

It will be very basic - the megapixel count will be achieved through software interpolotion, a method also often used by scanners.

Salinger 17:21 04 Dec 03

While prices ARE dropping, I doubt that this will be a true 3.1 MP. Sounds too good to be true.

Sir Radfordin 17:30 04 Dec 03

The problem with cheaper digi cams is the flash is normally too weak to be of any use. It may be fine for snapshots of the family in the middle of summer, but don't expect it to produce great photos on Christmas day with just a few candles buringin in the background.

Inigo 23:01 07 Dec 03

Maplin have a 3.3 Mega Pixel Trust camera for the same price - £69.99. It looks like a fairly decent camera, so am suprised it's being sold for that price...

"Sensor resolution 2.0 Mpix, enhanced camera resolution 3.3 Mpix (2112 x 1584), max picture resolution 4.0 Mpix (2288 x 1712)"

It has a TFT screen on the back, and digital zoom. They seem to be proving fairly popular - I sold two of them myself this weekend (I work at Maplin...)

click here

Stuartli 09:10 08 Dec 03

If you spend just a little more there are several top brand name cameras now available, including Kodak, that will probably be a far better bet.

bentley 16:01 20 Dec 03

I recently bought one of these cameras from kwik save,and returned it the next day.The batteries lasted for about 5 minutes.I then replaced the batteries with new ones.

The same thing happened again, on returning the
camera i was told they have had a lot of problems with the batteries .I would advise anyone think of getting one of these cameras to think twice about it

Gaz 25 20:32 20 Dec 03

All digital cameras drink the energy from batteries.

I found Duracell M3s the best for them.

Or Uniross recahrgeable 1700mAH batteries to do the job too.

bentley 14:35 21 Dec 03

I know -but 5 minutes energy no

redelf 15:00 21 Dec 03

Pixel count is not the only thing to consider; the basics for digital photography are the same as they are for film photography. No.1 priority for sharp pictures is a quality lens. After that come accurate light-metering and exposure systems, and focus systems. Without decent quality in any of these areas it does not matter how many pixels a camera has , the results will disappoint.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…