KVM suggestion please

Diodorus Siculus 19:24 29 Nov 05

I need a new KVM switch - one that will cope with an LG Flatron 1915s on an nvidia pci-express graphics card and an nvidia FX5200.

The motherboards are made by foxconn and gigabyte.

The reason I specify the above is that Belkin say that the reason it wouldn't work for me was that the monitor frequency was too high.

Any suggestions welcome, Dio.

GaT7 20:01 29 Nov 05

The one you had problems with (the Belkin F1DK102P) click here) supports only upto 65Hz.

This one, the
Belkin F1DB102P, supports upto 85Hz click here (I think you'll need to buy the cables separately though).

So, in theory, you should be OK if you go for one that supports the frequency at which you run your monitor.

If you require one for speakers too, you'll need one with audio support. G

Diodorus Siculus 20:17 29 Nov 05

Crossbow7 - thanks for that; I'll take a look at that and see what google says about it.

When I get this sorted out, I will let you know the outcome.

Diodorus Siculus 20:19 29 Nov 05

Broadbandbuyer.co.uk | Belkin F1DB102P OmniView E Series 2 Port KVM Switch PS/2 Platform Specification
"Monitor Supported:VGA and SVGA MultiSync®, LCD (with use of adapter cable)"
click here

What is the adapter cable required?

GaT7 21:31 29 Nov 05

Good question. I wonder if that means a DVI to VGA adapter/adapter cable?

The same model at the Belkin site click here, & the page that mentions "(with use of adapter cable)" click here, but no other explanation.

I found one on eBay click here. Perhaps you can email the seller to enquire.

The broadbandbuyer one requires separate cables (available lower down, in two lengths), though the one at eBuyer has them included click here & scroll down to read the reviewers comments. This page also confirms they're included click here, under 'Miscellaneous'. G

Diodorus Siculus 23:25 29 Nov 05

Thanks again, Crossbow7.

I'll give Belkin a call and see what they say - the only problem is that it is a long wait for a response from them.

DieSse 00:11 30 Nov 05

"Belkin say that the reason it wouldn't work for me was that the monitor frequency was too high."

That cannot mean the refresh rate, as the refresh rate of LCD monitors should be set to 60Hz.

If you are running our monitor at more than 65Hz refresh rate, I suggest you turn it down to 60Hz - which is all it requires - and you might even find the original unit works for you.

Diodorus Siculus 07:49 30 Nov 05

I don't think it was the refresh rate that was being referred to - that is set at 60hz and had been all along.

The original switch is back at PCW now.

Diodorus Siculus 14:20 04 Dec 05

Still on the look out; had a busy weekend so didn't get to visit anywhere. Maybe during the week.

jack 14:43 04 Dec 05

Try Komplett- I got my one from there earlier this year - no probs at all and I have allsorts plugged in the other end as 'patients'
PS2 version though. Although I cant see that USB would make a difference but you can never tell- specs seem to be changed weekly

DieSse 23:39 04 Dec 05

A ggod range here. Several of them specify they will support resolutions up to 1920x1440

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…