konica digital camera details

peterb1947 18:41 22 Dec 03

does anyone know whether a konica kd-20m is worth buying or not. it is priced at £100

Stuartli 10:44 23 Dec 03

Konica recently linked up with Minolta - both have offered some very similar digital camera products in recent years, varying only cosmetically.

Both companies are world renowned optical and camera manufacturers.

This is the UK version of their website:

click here

anchor 14:21 23 Dec 03

Here is the spec: as given on the makers web site:

click here

and here are some sample pictures.

click here

It seems quite good for the money.

anchor 14:27 23 Dec 03

Just seen this on another thread; (3.3Mpixel as against 2.1 Mpixel on the Konika.)

click here

Don`t know anything about the camera, but worth considering.

Sheila-214876 15:50 24 Dec 03

Looks like this camera has only got digital zoom which is useless. For another £50 you could get a much better camera with at least 3x optical zoom. See this previous thread click here

Stuartli 17:58 24 Dec 03

Digital zoom can be useful - but it is not strictly useless...

In any case, as someone who began using a camera 53 years and six months ago, I didn't then have the advantage of being able to zoom in and out on my subject....:-)

In other words you had to move backwards and forwards or from side to side to gain the best possible shot.

Sheila-214876 21:28 25 Dec 03

Stuartli, Snap. I was a Royal Navy photographer around that time and I agree we didn't have zoom lenses, but we did have interchangeable lenses. Problem with that was, of course, by the time you'd found the right lens and fitted it the shot had gone. Moving backwards on a small ship wasn't a good idea though!!!

Stuartli 13:54 26 Dec 03

Yes, but I was only 10 when I first started with an Ensign Fulvue box camera.

I then progressed to an Agfa Rapid folding two and a quarter by three and a quarter camera and a Zeiss Ikoflex twin lens reflex.

So I did a lot of moving about - just like you did on your ship..:-)

It was only later that I moved onto to Pentax S1s, Practika and Nikon SLRs...

Still use my original Ashai Pentax Spotmatic occasionally - superb 1.8 Takumar lens - but the 28-200mm Tamron zoom I have for the Nikon (F401) is on a par and is only a smidge larger than a standard 50mm lens when closed down.

anchor 17:22 26 Dec 03

Like everything, in the end it comes down to money. Of, course an optical zoom lens is nice, but if cash is limited I would go for more pixels. Perhaps £100 is the limit to his budget.

You can always make adjustments to bring the subject a bit nearer in a photo programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…