KMSDirect.co.uk

OTT_B 13:56 19 Feb 11

Has anyone used this company?

I can't seem to find out much about them, but there prices for what I'm looking for are pretty reasonable.
If anyone has first hand experience dealing with them, or if anyone can find some reviews for them, I'd be interested to hear about it. They appear to be linked to KMS Distributions, although that could be coincidence.

Kevscar1 14:15 19 Feb 11

Firstly full address not shown on site which is illegal.
Secondly if you goto comanies house and use webcheck click here

You will see proposal to stroke off.

Think I'd look elsewhere.

OTT_B 14:19 19 Feb 11

The address is on the website (click here), although their homepage has just started misbehaving for some reason - there was a link to 'contact us', which isn't there now.

Which company name (or registration number) in companies house were you looking at?

OTT_B 14:23 19 Feb 11

The company with proposal to strike off (I'm pretty sure) is a different company.

Kevscar1 16:05 19 Feb 11

The one you named KMSDirect.co.uk

click here

GaT7 17:41 19 Feb 11

I'm not sure the link will work, but Kevscar's KMS Direct find at Companies house seems a different company altogether click here. The address is different (to the ones mentioned at your KMS click here) & it says 'Nature of Business: Wholesale of perfume and cosmetics'. A tool company won't be caught selling these! Also see click here, although I'm sure they have the website wrong (scroll to bottom). G

peugeot man 02:17 20 Feb 11

Alarm bells ringing for me especially when the details on the web site refer to "New 2009 model"

peugeot man 02:26 20 Feb 11

Update on my alarm bells, the company are also listed on Amazon, click here=
with positive feedback, so if it was me and they had something I really wanted I might make a purchase by credit card so that I had some protection if things went pear shaped.

uk-wizard 08:48 20 Feb 11

They appear to have an old website that does not to have anything but a list of old stock on it but if you click on any item it goes to a new page (shop) that is dated 2011 and has all the contact details of name, address etc. I think it's a case of someone not removing the old page - shoot the web developer!

OTT_B 09:24 20 Feb 11

That does seem to be the case (shooting the web developer is a bit harsh though!).
If KMS Distributions is the same company as KMS Direct - they're in very similar locations in Essex - then no problem. The KMS Distributions stuff on Amazon is more expensive than on the KMS Direct website though.

peugeot man: thanks for pointing out the amazon link

OTT_B 00:44 02 Mar 11

Just to bring some closure to this thread;

I ended ordering from KMS Distributions through Amazon. I'm fairly sure that KMS Direct and KMS Distributions are the same company. Pricing, despite what I initially thought, is almost identical between them - KMS Direct prices are quoted ex VAT.

Anyway, I ordered Sunday and the goods (an engine hoist, if anyone cares!) turned up today, so all in all quite happy - although I haven't assembled or used the hoist yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…