Klez worm

bellababy 07:03 23 Jul 03

Watch out in the past week I have received five spam e-mails which contained a virus, I only investigated two of them and it would appear that both contained the klez worm virus, one of these mails claimed to be a tool to protect you from the klez virus, but was in fact the virus programme. Beware.
Has any one else experienced this amount of activaty? fortunately my anti-virus protection was up to it.

This will be because someone that has your name in their address book has the virus. It spreads by sending out spam mail or even takes other addresses from the infected pcs address book. My sister had this virus and I received a good 20 e-mails from her such as you have had. If you check the "details" tab on the e-mails you can back trace and see where its actually coming from.

alcudia 16:58 23 Jul 03

I got exactly the same mail, offering the free tool. Someone must think I am stupid. Anyone who opens an attachment like this is asking for trouble.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…