Kindle mains charger.

muddypaws 18 Nov 11
Answered

Does anyone have the Amazon mains charger for the Kindle? I have just purchased one from 7dayShop that they say is for the Kindle and the output is shown as 5V. 1 amp. I have read somewhere that it should be 500 mili amps or 300, I can't remember which and cannot find the source where I read it. Been through the web handbook with no luck Would appreciate, before I use it, if anyone can tell me what output is recommended. Thanks.

onthelimit1 18 Nov 11

My Amazon mains adaptor states an output of 5.0V and 0.85 mA. That 0.85 is its rated output - the kindle will draw less than that - particularly as the battery gets closer to full charge. The stated O/P of 1.0mA should be fine.

muddypaws 18 Nov 11

onthelimit1 Thanks for that.

wiz-king 18 Nov 11

0.85 mA would be a very slow trickle charge!! I think you mean 0.85 A.

onthelimit1 19 Nov 11
Answer

wiz-king Dead right - shouldn't trust the varifoculs!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message