Keyboard / mouse - wireless or not?

Sheepish 00:04 21 Sep 04

I'm about to upgrade to a new system, and a lot of the packages I've seen have wireless keyboard & mouse. I've heard some suggestions - but searching has shown little hard info - that there can be interference problems with TV / cordless phones (both of which are near my PC desk) and a lag in response that can be a problem in gaming.
What's your experience?

TomJerry 00:20 21 Sep 04

I have been using it for long time, just love them. No lag, no interface.

Possible interface with DEC cordless phones, but not TV. Even it has interface, you can change frequency channel to avoid it. Make sure to get an optical mouse. Once you use an optical, you will never go back with ball one.

JonnyTub 09:01 21 Sep 04

I'll back those sentiments put forward by tom jerry, never had any probs, not even with my dec phone

spuds 09:58 21 Sep 04

I third the above posters comments. Once you have used a wireless system, you may never want to change back, but make sure that you have some rechargable batteries available. A low drop in voltage can cause erratic mouse problems.

Ebuyer have a good selection at good prices, but if possible check any reviews that are available.

The computer that I am using at present, consists of a corded keyboard and wireless mouse, another good combination that is worth consideration.

pjwheeldon 10:08 21 Sep 04

I use a couple of laptops in my office, each with wireless keyboard and mouse, cordless phones and a mobile. All work without interfering with each other, and make life so much easier and more manageable. I have logitech's; found them to be most responsive and comfortable.

PS. Just remembered that also have another wireless keyboard/mouse on home PC next door, and a wireless joystick, and no leakage from these either. Much better than the baby monitor we bought, which lets us listen in on several other local kids's sleepless nights, whilst ours is in the land of nod!!

Dorsai 19:37 21 Sep 04

I got a cordless optical mouse about 3 years ago. The best choice of rodent i have ever made.

OK. It took me a while to get used to it's being heavier, but now, i love it.

I have two sets of batteries, and a cheap battery charger from jesops. when the batteries in the mouse go flat i swap them with the other set, and put the flat ones on charge. 9 hours later they are recharged, and ready for use.

Have a cordless keyboard at work. no real advantage that i see with it. But it's fun to swap the keyboards around in the office so one persons typing appears on anothers screen (Te He!)

Starfox 21:06 21 Sep 04

What TomJerry says is spot on,no conflicts or problems here and as an ardent gamer I can assure you that cordless is best just make sure you get an optical mouse,you won't believe how good they are.I use a Trust 305KS optical mouse/keyboard and they are great but other makes are probably just as good.

Hope this helps.

Starfox.

Sheepish 22:29 21 Sep 04

Thanks all - looks like I'll opt for wireless & optical mouse.

SEASHANTY 15:58 22 Sep 04

The Trust 305KS Wireless Optical Deskset (keyboard and mouse) is on offer at branches of Staples for
£19-99. I know 'cos I purchased one yesterday.
Already have a Trust Optical PS2 mouse which I use with my other PC. Excellent.

Beas-Knees 19:41 22 Sep 04

Cherry keyboard & mouse (made in Germany)from
click here absolutely brilliant,had mine 6 months and still on original batteries

SEASHANTY 19:48 22 Sep 04

The Cherry keyboard and mouse costs £36 and it is not optical. I'm not saying it isn't a good make - it is. However it doesn't beat the TRUST half price offer from Staples. This is a black keyboard. I would have preferred a white keyboard like the Cherry set. The Trust optical mouse BTW is a five button plus scoll.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…