Keyboard + Mouse... How hard can it be?

andytomp 13:10 09 Apr 04

Looking down at my keyboard and mouse the other day I realised that the nicotine stained plastic probably wasn't the best image for clients... So, hey, let's go wireless!

Got a Belkin Keyboard and Mouse but it's useless... Keyboard seems to 'stick' and no and again the mouse movement is so shakey it's a beast to control.

Is this normal for wireless? Either way, I don't trust it (had similar problems with a wireless mouse for my laptop)... so anyone know of a good WIRED keyboard and mouse, something solid feeling?

€dstowe 14:13 09 Apr 04

Many years ago I waas given a Microsoft "Natural" keyboard - the one with a curved layout. After an hour or so learning how to use it, I wouldn't now be without it. Far less cramp in the fingers and wrists using this.

As for a mouse, I use a MS "Intellimouse Explorer" which I go free with my copy of Office XP.

Neither of these are wireless - just reliable.

Regarding nicotine stains, the only way to avoid them is to stop smoking but, you know that already, don't you. Try!!

€d

byfordr 14:32 09 Apr 04

If you want wireless there is really only one way to go! click here Superb! Keyboard batteries last forever. Mouse lasts about a week off its cradle.

R

Stuartli 14:44 09 Apr 04

Any good household all purpose cleaner will get rid of nicotine stains - cheapest version is the Mr Muscle Orange if bought in a bottle and the conents diluted as required with water.

An discarded spray bottle can be used to house the diluted version.

Stuartli 14:56 09 Apr 04

Use the solution on a cloth - don't spray it all over your keyboard...:-)

It's also good for cleaning the monitor and system cases.

andytomp 15:17 09 Apr 04

It's a really clackly old keyboard though, so I think it's destined to die no matter how much I try and scrub it up. I've got through three computers but only one keyboard!

I'm not a touch typist, got m' own method, so I don't think I'll get on those 'split' jobs?

So any good 'wired', not 'split' keyboards?

Hornblower 15:32 09 Apr 04

...the £20 wireless keyboard and mouse from Aldi.

I know you want to go back to wireless, but at 20 quid with 3 years warranty, you can't go wrong.

I was in the same boat as you and wanted wireless so I went to Aldi and bought a set. What can I say? It works well. The mouse is optical which makes it more responsive than the Microsoft cordless I was using, and the keyboard feels good (and isn't split), can't tell you about the battery usage yet though...

I'm sure the set that byfordr recommends is excellent, I dunno about you but I 'aint got that sort of money to use!

Hornblower 15:33 09 Apr 04

I should have said, "Don't" want to go back to wireless!

alan227 16:06 09 Apr 04

I have been using a Logitech wired keyboard and a wired Logitech optical mouse for 12 months now with no problems. The keyboard has a nice solid feel and the mouse is precise.

andytomp 16:12 09 Apr 04

alan, is there just the one brand for logitech? Cheers, I'll check that out.

alan227 16:46 09 Apr 04

click here
Have a look at this link it will not break the bank.
My ketboard is the Internet Navigator but I do not now if they still make that one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…