kerio v norton

polish 18:20 15 Oct 05

i currently use norton firewall and antivirus iam considering switching to avg for antivirus and kerio for firewall does anyone have any experience of kerio firewall and would it be any better than norton 2004.

ade.h 23:45 15 Oct 05

A lot better. A hell of a lot better. Saying that, a firewall is not necessarily the most fundamental piece of security software (that has to be AV, in which NOD32 and Avast are the kings). If you'd like Kerio, get it quickly. The free version is available until the end of the year, though updates will continue for 12 months after that. A good alternative is Sygate Personal. Or, if you're willing to pay, Outpost is reckoned by those who know to be the most powerful firewall short of a hardware NAT firewall.

stylehurst 13:24 16 Oct 05

The free version Zone Alarm is worth considering as a fire wall. I think you will find that Sygate has just been purchased by Symantec, so there must be question marks over the future of Sygate fire wall.

Baz70 00:29 17 Oct 05

I`ve been using Norton Internet Security for the past couple of years and although resource hungry, has protected my system efficiently and I have never ran into any problems.

ade.h 13:19 17 Oct 05

In labtests (and I do not mean magazine group tests, but proper, controlled comparisons) Norton Anti-virus lags behind the best of the competition. The likes NOD32 (free) and F-secure (retail) tend to perform a lot better.

shizzy 21:39 17 Oct 05

Can you really get a free version of NOD 32.

ade.h 22:14 17 Oct 05

I assume that you still can. Of course, as is now the case with Kerio, things change.

altecsole 13:32 18 Oct 05

I've used Kerio and AVG for the last 18 months and have never had any problems. They both work well and don't take up too many resources. I also use Spyware Doctor (which isn't free).

polish 18:56 18 Oct 05

just abit of an update have loaded avst antivirus free version seems very good
downloaded sygate free firewall loaded in ok but when starting up or coming out of standy kept repoting errors withitself so gave up then tried free outpost firewall but it will not let connect to internet something need configuring but what? have also noticed avg also now do there own firewall and antivirus bundle has anyone any experience of this product

ade.h 23:25 18 Oct 05

Outpost is the best software firewall around, but it takes a lot more configuration than most. It's not really a fit-and-forget application. I can't suggest a solution to your problem beyond making sure that you have configured it correctly. click here and read through the pdf documents thoroughly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…