Keep on paying and paying

gaslamp 18:30 30 Dec 08

Have just read this with amazement. Get out the Mac

click here

canarieslover 18:48 30 Dec 08

Linux will see a large surge in users as will Open Office.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:53 30 Dec 08

It is a 2 year old story /yawn

G

tullie 20:27 30 Dec 08

Only one year isent it G?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:54 30 Dec 08

2.5 years old to be exact.....click here /triple yawn.

G

wee eddie 22:04 30 Dec 08

Especially if it is just the Creator side of things and by the hour.

As GANDALF <|:-)> says, it's been doing the round for years

tullie 22:10 30 Dec 08

Well ill be blowed,so it is

€dstowe 09:27 31 Dec 08

Don't forget that most patents are withdrawn before grant and, of those that are pursued, only a VERY small number ever come into commercial use. Very often patents and patent applications are developed purely to block others using a certain aspect of a novel technology or invention without there ever being any marketing intention on the part of the inventor.

Even if a patent is not granted or the application is withdrawn, just the fact that the technology is in the public domain prevents further intellectual property rights being obtained.

The Brigadier 11:08 31 Dec 08

This is only going to be MS shooting it's self in the foot as users will migrate to Linux & Open Source Software!

DrATty 12:35 01 Jan 09

Most 'home' Office users will already have disks for whatever version they have. They're unlikely to take out a mortgage on a new version. I can't see MS abandoning this revenue stream any time soon.
If they bundled the latest OS, Office etc. for a sensible price it might be different. The cost of renting Office has been quoted as £60 a year. I still don't use all the features in my copy of Office 2000; at £480 over 8 years I wouldn't even have considered it. SmartSuite was still available then, and there's Open Office now.
I don't think home users are ready for rented software and MS must be wary of the free alternatives. Linux netbooks anyone?

gaslamp 15:00 02 Jan 09

Even if it is 2 years old it's still worth a punt just to give Gandalf his kicks ha ha.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now