Kazaa Gets Heavy at Lite

Confab 21:16 15 Sep 03

Thought I would post this link here for anyone who didn't see it in the helproom. Yes I know its another Kazaa issue but it's worth a look.

click here

Seems they don't like their software being copied!!

Confab

GuyR 21:29 15 Sep 03

amazing isn't it, they run a program to deliberately allow us to share + copy files(which is illegal) and just because some clever people can acces thier programm and modify it to run with a maximum speed rating permenantly they get all uppity.

I see there are lots of new sites springing up that will be legal e.g. buy the songs for <$1 a track, no doubt in the UK it will be £1 a track.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:58 15 Sep 03

'Seems they don't like their software being copied'...surely I am not the only one to see the pure irony in this....note to self/ resist all urges to really rip into kazaa for teh double standards. Now they know how it feels to get ripped off.

'they run a program to deliberately allow us to share + copy files(which is illegal)'....not really, only if the material is copyright. ;-) Manufacturers sell knlives, if someone kills a person with one it does not mean the manufacturer is at fault. However Kazaa was written on the back of P2P progs, with only music/video files in mind.

G

G

G

Legolas 22:00 15 Sep 03

Sharing or copying files is not illegal.

Sharing or copying copyrighted files without the owners permission is illegal.

Belatucadrus 22:37 15 Sep 03

Not again I can't stand another P2P marathon.

Forum Editor 22:48 15 Sep 03

Don't worry - we're not having one so soon after the last one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…