Just Plain Liars!

jbp1982 11:08 23 Nov 05

Been phoning for an upgrade for days. NT what the hell am I still with them for! Tells me everytime that I phone I am on the higher service. Then when I phone back, they say "sorry sir, I'll upgrade you now".

But it doesn't happen!!

PS I have always been calm and polite but I don't think I can manage it any more.

spuds 11:21 23 Nov 05

Why not tell us the full story, instead of accusing people of being liars.

jbp1982 11:33 23 Nov 05

Well I phoned some days ago to be upgraded to the higher speed on ntl. The guy told me to turn the computer and cable box off and restart.
Didn't happen. I phoned back the next day, the girl appologises for her colleague not upgrading my speed and says she now has done it. It still didn't happen, I am still on the lower speed.

The above has been happening daily now. I also phoned technical support which isn't free and the guy says, there's no fault. You haven't been upgraded. He transfered me to customer care, the guy on cus care appologises and says you're now upgraded it may take a few hours to go through. Didn't happen again.

Either they are incompetent, liars or they can blame their computers it has to be one of those options.

I think I'll give upgrading they obviously don't need the extra money off me.

jbp1982 11:35 23 Nov 05

*I think I'll give up upgrading.........

DuncanG 11:36 23 Nov 05

I think you will find the 'official' day for speed upgrade is 1st December according to a link running yesterday.

I would reccomend relaxing and not start calling people liars over what is a FREE upgrade.

jbp1982 11:39 23 Nov 05

I'm on 2 meg trying to go to 3 meg.

I have already had the official date of the 10meg explained to me and that it's currently in trial. I want to goto 3 meg.

The price is £24.99 I want to pay the £37.99 for 3 meg.

DerekR 12:57 23 Nov 05

To get the 10mb upgrade, you need to speak politly to customer services, request if your area is currently enabled for the 10mb service, if it is, pay the additional £13 a month, and at the end of your conversation, ask if the Modem needs to be rebooted.

When you are told it does, simply unplug your modem, leave it for 30 seconds, plug it in again, and wait till all reboots. Simple!

If you only have a Set Top Box, NOT a modem, then you cannot get any hight connection speed than 2mb. Set Top Boxes are not capable of handling speeds higher than 2mb at this point in time.

jbp1982 13:02 23 Nov 05

been through all that derekr thanks for your response.

It is a cable modem. it has been checked and is capable of the upgrades.

ticking as resolved as I couldn't be bothered chasing this up any longer.

Rayuk 17:20 23 Nov 05

You will be able to get 10Mb with the Samsung box with NTL
click here

ade.h 17:35 23 Nov 05

If someone states that they have done something, and it has not been done, then I would call that a lie.

If someone says that they have initiated a procedure that will take a few days to come to fruition, that is being honest.

If I asked someone to do something and they came back to me and told me that they had done it, and I subsequently found out that it had not been done, I'd be as cheesed off as you are.

If there is an inherent delay in the procedure, why on earth didn't any of NTL's representatives think to mention it?

Forum Editor 18:15 23 Nov 05

unless or until you have cast-iron proof that someon has deliberately told you a lie. I very much doubt that - on the evidence you've provided so far - you have such proof, so please do not repeat your allegation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…