Just been insulted !

rickf 08:38 24 Oct 03

click here
My reply is meant for Gandalf. Others have tried to help and I much appreciate their suggestions. Why is he allowed to get away with this all the time?

rogertjj 08:43 24 Oct 03

I think he was making a slight joke....try not to take it sooooo seriously. Or, he could have been making a serious offer

Morpheus© 09:01 24 Oct 03

for gawds sake, if we all went around dissecting everything that was said to us in jest or otherwise,, why would we be? just lighten up.

zeb

Stuartli 09:03 24 Oct 03

Just a tongue in cheek offer I would suggest...

Al94 09:03 24 Oct 03

You over reacted to a litle joke, nothing more, nothing less. Your reaction was unwarranted. Perhaps a sense of humour would help?

PS How on earth do you find using ebay a hassle?

Morpheus© 09:04 24 Oct 03

why = where...

bremner 10:17 24 Oct 03

I see you have ticked this without further comment.

If you have a serious complaint it is always better to use the 'contact moderator' facility. That way threads of a personal nature do not develop.

On this matter I like all the other posters saw this as no more than an attempt at humour, certainly not an insult directed at you.

Mango Grummit 13:56 24 Oct 03

Insulted?

I would suggest you keep the thread in your favourites. It is almost regarded as a Medal Of Honour to receive a humorous/snide/sarcastic/not rocket science/etc, post from this most sagacious wizard.

Stepping out onto these hallowed boards and being ignored by this Perfectly Ponderful Person must be awful for anyone who has so far been missed so I think you should accept his post in the spirit in which it was probably intended, unless of course you have, LOL.

leo49 14:07 24 Oct 03

LOL

Stuartli 14:16 24 Oct 03

At least you were insulted by an expert..:-)

Forum Editor 14:54 24 Oct 03

to all this, and to allow it to continue would be to invite a 'Friday night fight' as I call them, so I'm going to lock the thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…