Jessops service

sierra 11:13 22 Feb 04

I went to Jessops yesterday to look for a new digital camera. I had done some research on the net previously but was anxious about the camera size and controls and wanted to play with one. The salesman was first class, he qualified me properly and powered up various models for me to try. He spent about an hour with me going through all the options and eventually I bought a Canon A80. I suppose I could have saved a few pounds buying online but the service was so good and I was able to try the actual camera to make sure it worked ok. Did a few practice shots last night and was more than pleased. All in all a very pleasant and rewarding experience buying from Jessops.

ch0pper 11:30 22 Feb 04

I've used Jessops for years and I've always found them to be helpful in the extreme. It seems that they're quite happy to take the time to allow you to inspect goods, look at alternatives etc etc.

And they don't even seem to demand that you buy that day. If you say you need to take a few days to make up your mind, then that's OK.

In my early days, I even used the day training faciities and courses at their Leicester store. They do seem committed to making your photo experience a good one.

spuds 12:57 22 Feb 04

Never any problems with Jessops. First class company that know their products and cater for their customers. And I have no involvements with them except as a more than satisfied customer.

961 14:22 22 Feb 04

They will often match a price...even an internet price...if you print a page from the internet and take it with you

Even if they can't they will often go a long way towards it

And on top of that they will often give you a few quid for your old camera if it is resaleable

anchor 15:16 22 Feb 04

Jessops will price match any UK based web camera supplier, provided it is stock. I saved almost a £100 in last summer on my Canon S50, quoting the prices from cameras2u. I took a print-out with me, and a simple telephone call was all it needed.

The Canon A80 is excellent, price £269, and in stock here: (this was the web supplier I quoted)

click here

click here

sierra 15:40 22 Feb 04

I did not realise they did price match. However,I am still very pleased I bought it from them. Cost me £289.

anchor 16:11 22 Feb 04

Enjoy your camera sierra. Read a review of it here:

click here

You will possibly need some high power NiMh rechargeable batteries, and another CompactFlash card.

7dayshop is an excellent source, with good prices:

click here

Bought a negative scanner from Jessops recently.Initially I was attracted to a second hand SCCSI Cannon scanner they had on sale.The salesman asked what O.S I was using, and then pointed out that this particular scanner gave problems with Windows XP. He appeared very knowledgable on computers, even though the shops main business was cameras. Very impressed with the level of service, and the subsequent scanner that I bought.

jerichobob 17:49 22 Feb 04

Nice to hear from someone who has received GOOD service for a change.

I tend to stick with the people who 'look after' me, even if it does cost a couple of pounds more. I like good service as much as I abhor poor service.

A couple of other retailers/suppliers to whom I am grateful. Boots (Northwich), Homebase (Warrington), Tower Bridge - you know where that is don't you? - Reading railway station, Staddons of Exmouth, and finally Richards News in my village. Why are none of these IT suppliers?

Rob

alB 17:52 22 Feb 04

Used Jessops many times and can only say what a cracking company they are, now that you've got your digital camera try their online print service at click here send for the ten free prints, I'm sure you will be more than happy with the results...alB

sierra 19:04 22 Feb 04

I had a really good play this afternoon with my new Canon A80. I took about 50 shots using most of the various settings , trying to familiarise myself with the controls. One other thing that helped in my purchasing decision was the inclusion of a very comprehensive instruction book, not only for the camera but also for the software . With my last camera I had to print off about 70 pages as I found the on screen instructions impossible to absorb. When out and about an instruction book is essential.
The focusing and metering systems on the A80 are really good with very sharp and properly exposed results. The menu system is easily navigated.No regrets so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…