Jessops, fast service

Joe R 21:24 14 Feb 06

On Sunday, I posted a thread asking about the Olympus FE110 Digital camera, click here and after reading a few reviews, ordered first thing yesterday morning.

This parcel was delivered before 9am today, and the full package was well protected and packed better than anything I have received from any other company before.

This is the first time I have used Jessops, but will certainly not be the last.

Companys sre used to being slated (most of the time), in this forum, so it is good to give a bit of praise for a change.

rmcqua 21:45 14 Feb 06

That's good, quick service Joe R. However, they don't seem to be too well priced. The Olympus SP-500 that I was looking at is about 70 pounds more with Jessops than at EBuyer.

SG Atlantis® 21:56 14 Feb 06

they'll price match won't they?

I have never heard a bad word about Jessops on here. This fact lead me to buy a digital camcorder from them and it's superb.

pc_sausage 22:07 14 Feb 06

Price matching isn't guaranteed.

I took plenty of evidence of other online stores prices into a store last year and they wouldn't get with £80 of the gap.

Think you can sometimes talk them in to plugging the gap with memory cards etc, but varies between stores.

But at least you can go in the shop and get a feel for the camera, even if you then buy online.

Joe R 22:08 14 Feb 06

SG Atlantis®,

yes they do price match.

If you go into a high street shop, they will match even a few internet retailers. ( I believe it is only offshore retailers that are not "price matched" )

Joe R 22:11 14 Feb 06

pc_sausage,

cross posting there, I think it depends on the actual store itself. My nearest is East Kilbride, and I know they will match prices with Komplett and Scan, and have reduced prices on at least three occassions I know of.

pc_sausage 22:16 14 Feb 06

Joe R

Agree - I've heard different stories of different stores.

Guess it depends how much local freedom the stores get and where they are against targets.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…