jamjar.com

MJL 09:42 17 Oct 06

Anybody have any experience of purchasing a new car from here? Are they reliable?

jolorna 10:12 17 Oct 06

they have been going since 1996

spuds 10:22 17 Oct 06

Was this not, or still is something to do with the Branson- Virgin Group?

Stuartli 10:29 17 Oct 06

It's now part of the Royal Bank of Scotland group.

Stuartli 10:38 17 Oct 06

jamjar.com was founded six years ago by DirectLine (part of RBS), around the same time that Sir Richard Branson launched Virgin Cars.

As far as I'm aware, Virgin Cars eventually bit the dust and its only motoring links now are via the Virgin.net website's motoring section.

jolorna 11:14 17 Oct 06

i thought jamjar was started by freeserve or was part of there group

Diver14 13:00 17 Oct 06

I am looking at buying a Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI Titanium. It looks like a £4k saving over the RRP. (The biggest discounts seem to be on Fords).

I can't find a better deal anywhere.

Being part of the RBS group SHOULD make them safe to deal with (with crossed fingers!!)

Like you I'm still checking around to see if there are any hidden nasties!!

Stuartli 13:52 17 Oct 06
  jolorna 14:53 17 Oct 06

if you look in companies house it was started in 1996 click here and if i remeber right it was freeserve either owened it or cars were sold through them

Stuartli 15:04 17 Oct 06

I'm not doubting the information, merely pointing out that DirectLine was stated to have introduced it online in July 2000 according to news stories at the time.

According to your link the name change from DirectLine E-Commerce Ltd to JamJar.Com Ltd was 07/03/2002.

Whether the (original?) business actually functioned from 1996 seems to be unclear, although I do remember its advertisements in motoring magazines some years back.

MJL 17:15 17 Oct 06

Driver14,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…