It's been said a million times before,

Forum Editor 17:30 01 Nov 07

but I'm going to say it again - Crucial is undoubtedly one of the best online retailers on the planet.

I have an IBM ThinkPad laptop, and wanted to upgrade the RAM. I got somewhat confused on the site (didn't have the machine with me, so couldn't use the Crucial online analyser), so I had to phone.

Waited for no more than a minute to get to the head of the queue, spoke to a girl with the most beautiful telephone voice I've heard in a long time, and she resolved the problem in ten seconds - a minute later the order was complete, and I put the phone down. The whole procedure was an object lesson in how it should be done.

I know we've heard it many times, but that company should get all the industry awards going.

And that girl can talk into my ear anytime she likes.

lisa02 17:32 01 Nov 07

ROFL. ;)

GaT7 17:41 01 Nov 07

Can't wait to call - what's the number again? G

anskyber 17:45 01 Nov 07

Indeed, a most remarkable company offering exceptional service. It's almost a shock when it goes so well.

tullie 18:30 01 Nov 07

What was your wifes email address?

ajm 18:31 01 Nov 07

"And that girl can talk into my ear anytime she likes"

What's the name of this girl....

On a serious note, Crucial are fantastic..an example to the rest of the online retailers. I have used them many times in the past and have found their prices very competetive. On the last occassion 2 weeks ago I wished to purchased a 2GB memory kit and asked one supplier who sells crucial memorr or is a crucial reseller. I got it approx 20% cheaper through this supplier and it also came next day.

FatboySlim71 22:00 01 Nov 07

I agree about Crucial, I purchased some Ram from them and the service and customer service was A1.

Totally-braindead 22:07 01 Nov 07

I agree with you about Crucial bought some laptop RAM from them on Tuesday and it arrived today, installed and working perfectly.
Mind you, it took me 38 minutes to get an answer dialing their 0800 number perhaps you had a different one FE?

Forum Editor 23:02 01 Nov 07

No, I dialed the same 0800 number. I was held in a queue, but for no longer than a minute.

MrBen CI:-) 09:53 02 Nov 07

Good companies provide a good service because they value your call.
Bad companies have you hanging on for ages, an automated voice keeps telling you 'your call is important to them' whilst raking up YOUR phone bill!

Crucial time and time again prove why they are the best.

Totally-braindead 10:31 02 Nov 07

FE I must have just phoned at a bad time I suppose.

Can't fault the service though, up to their usual high standard. They really are an excellent company.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…