Item not arrived, Driver said delivered what 2 do?

siliconbits 11:13 26 Oct 04

Bought two graphic cards from a company. The delivery courrier came two times and I was not here - so he left two cards. After some days, I phoned the delivery company and they said that it had been delivered and signed but the signature and the name of the person does not correspond to anyone living at my place.
So thinking rationally
(1) either I am mad - I receive the parcel and I don't remember
(2) or someone was passing in front of my door and the delivery man just gave it to him without ID checking
(3) or the delivery man just took it for him. The card were two Radeon 9700 pro worth more than £150 on the market.

Thanks for advising.

georgemac 11:16 26 Oct 04

they do not have your signature so the cards have never been delivered to you

contact your local trading standards or citizens advice to see what to do next

I assume it is the delivery drivers responsibility to ensute that the person signs the same name on the delivery slip before handing over the goods.

siliconbits 11:22 26 Oct 04

has anyone undergone a similar situation?

spuds 12:45 26 Oct 04

Inform the delivery company that you will be making a claim against them. Also advice the supplier and your credit card company,if that is how you paid.

siliconbits 13:01 26 Oct 04

I paid by cheque so anyway drawn at my building society. I have no personal cheque or credit card. The funny thing is that although I am the customer, it seems that I am considered as the one who stole my own goods.

Anyone been through this before?

961 13:39 26 Oct 04

Advise the supplier by letter sent by recorded delivery

Ask their policy regarding non delivery of goods

joseph K 13:49 26 Oct 04

If you took this to the small claims court the retailers would have to give you recompense.

Write to the company and state that 'if you have not had recompense by (two weeks is usually considered too generous) then you will take them to county court').

They don't have your signature, or that of anyone around. From what you have stated this is plainly a case of negligence on the part of the driver.

If you set your case out accurately and fully to the company involved, combined with the threat (which you must be prepared to carry out) then they will refund you.

They owe you a 'duty of care' by employing a carrier that doesn't employ dodgy drivers (pardon the pun). They have plainly failed to do this.

You should seek recompense from the retailer and it is up to them in turn to seek it from the courier.

Don't be surprised if the cheque doesn't arrive until the day before you threaten action though, this is almost bound to happen.

Should it come to this, you can get all the papers needed from your local court.

anchor 16:40 26 Oct 04

Just one thought, could the name of the person who signed for it be a neighbour?. Sometimes, delivery men ask a neighbour to take the parcel in, and get them to sign for it. It has happened to me.

If that it not the case, joseph K is correct; the liability firmly rests with the supplier. Visit you local CAB and they will give you all the information you require to pursue the matter. Meantime, look here: click here

Have you contacted the supplier of the graphic cards to explain the position?. Try that first.

picklsey 17:02 26 Oct 04

i used to be delivery driver (for a short time)and i was always told the point of delivery was inside the door of the custummer ie if it wasn,t put inside the front door it wasn,t delivered if i gave it to a neighbour it was at my risk.unless by prior arrangement.

SANTOS7 17:12 26 Oct 04

I was a parcel delivery driver for five years, and if you have not assigned anybody to sign for the parcel on your behalf or left a letter saying that the parcel can be left securely without a signature then the driver is at fault

siliconbits 18:23 26 Oct 04

here's a snip of the email i received.

"I can not make this point strong enough, we have done everything that was asked of us. We have delivered to the address given by you when making payment. XXXXXX have also delivered to the address given and have a POD for this address. I would recommend, without accusing anyone, that you investigate your end as this seems to be where the problem lies."

Of course, i contacted my neighbours, four in all, on each side and they have no idea who that guy is.. Aren't they - the deliery guy - supposed to ask for a proof of ID?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…