it247.com anybody?

Jimmy14 16:33 01 Aug 06

Has anyone came across this company or used it for buying products, the reason being I am thinking of buying an Acer Warranty Extended Servic Agreement from them. Price Runner suggests that they are the cheapest online for it.

All comments welcomed.
James

Woolwell 17:13 01 Aug 06

it247's site is under maintenance and very slooooow! I couldn't check if a warranty is available on a product bought elsewhere - would be surprised if it did.

Have you had a look at Acer's own extended warranties?
click here
and
click here;jsessionid=1544cf7ce701a7d/shopdata/Accessories/Accessories/Warranties/product_overview.shopscript

Is this on a laptop or desktop?

Woolwell 17:14 01 Aug 06

oops second click here didn't work

click here;jsessionid=1544cf7ce701a7d/shopdata/Accessories/Accessories/Warranties/product_overview.shopscript

Woolwell 17:15 01 Aug 06

Try this!:

click here

Jimmy14 17:44 01 Aug 06

I have been on the acer notebooks website and shop acer and was going to buy it from there but I ran a search on price runner and found it247.com to be the cheapest at £35 and shop acer £59.95. I have a acer aspire 1690 series laptop. I wanted the higher warranty upgrade but when on the phone to shop acer today I realised I had to buy the accidental damage option warranty within 3 months of purchasing my laptop when I bought mines in December 05 so now my only option is the 3 year cheaper parts and labour warranty. By the way if I take out the 3 year extended warranty does that start after my 1 year I get with my laptop or does it include this year and the 2 years that follow to make up the 3.

Thanks James

Jimmy14 17:50 01 Aug 06

I am just after trying it247.com and it seems fine with no maintenance going on. Also in my previous post I meant to say that I was on the phone to acernotebooks not Shop Acer as Shop Acers extended warranty prices are more expensive than acer notebooks. I will show you what I mean here.
click here
Link above- £59.95 for basic warranty which I need to buy because I never registered within 3 months of laptop purchase. Shop Acers price for the exact same warranty is £69.33. Then I ran price runner and found this for the exact same product as Shopacers and acernotebooks,
click here
click here

Woolwell 20:11 01 Aug 06

it247.com website is still a bit slow for me but it carries a banner on their homepage apologising for maintenance.
The warranty appears to be with Acer. I am fairly certain that Acer's are repaired in UK by a firm called Esplex on the edge of Plymouth.

Jimmy14 14:15 02 Aug 06

thanks, anymore info welcomed from people who have dealt with this company

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…