ISP's

NarcosisBoy 18:22 07 Oct 03

Anyone out there recommend an ISP - i'm in semi rural ireland so there are only 121 people who have their names down for the broadband connection so that is not an option - i have BT Srftime currently but to be honest don't think that it is a great ISP - always needs updating or won't work - how about AOL they any good and what are the costs - their dial-up looks ok but is that for anytime or just after 6pm? for the £15.99.
I'm getting a new laptop tomorrow to use as a laptop and desk replacement really as this machine is 5years old and still runs Win98 and wan't a good ISP to use for studies
Cheers folks

anchor 19:32 07 Oct 03

Have a look at OneTel. I used them for quite a while before going Broadband with Pipex. Quite satisfied and good rates and connection speed, (at least here in Middlesex).

Here are their different packages

click here

As regards AOL, some people may love them, but personally I would not use them.

kench 22:48 07 Oct 03

Try tesco.net if u can only 12.49 amonth no problems if u have agood phone line

Eastender 22:52 07 Oct 03

I agree with anchor on Onetel, I've had the 'Unlimited' package for about 18 months with no probs. Now costs £13.99.

Caine 23:10 07 Oct 03

I have just hooked up with NTL freedom. Its an unlimitied dial up connection at £15 p month but that is offset against your NTL land line phone bill. So if you use NTl as your phone provider it is in effect free. So far so good.

lightfeet 07:07 08 Oct 03

I have used Onetel for the past 3 years & found them excellent & have never had any problems with them. Since I do most of my surfing between 6.00am & 8.00am I recently changed to their new Night Owl service which gives call free access between 10.00pm & 8.00am for £4 a month & at other times it's only 1p a minute which suits me fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…