ISP Service Termination Advice

slysy 12:36 24 Sep 04

I hope someone can give advice.

i have just received an email from my isp stating the following:

Your account is one of the accounts that cannot be migrated to our new platform and must go through a new sign-up procedure.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause as it is possible your Broadband will be unavailable for about 10 days.
To counter this problem you can use this free dial-up number while your Broadband is disconnected:
Please note that this is a dial-up number and therefore you must set-up a new dial-up connection on your computer to use it. (You need a standard 56k modem to access it)

To connect your Broadband again please sign-up again once your Broadband has been disconnected. To sign-up again please go to:

We have also cancelled your payments so that while your Broadband is disconnected you will not be charged.
The only way to connect back to our ISP is to use the link above, visit our web site or call us  you will find our number on the contact page of our web site.

I have spent nearly an hour on the phone to the number they supplied, but i keep getting disconnected and get no response via their email support.
Can they do this?

Any advise would be appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…