//some 3rd party need geo

ISP service to 2 computers via one telephone conn

bursar 17:56 09 Mar 03

Has anyone pleasae got any tips and/or experience in the problem areas of using one telephone connection (potentially picking up the OneTel ISP) to two e-mail addresses using two individual modems situated and served respectively in individual W98 and W XP OS systems. The sign up questionnaire for OneTel seeks information on the OS system being used and what I want to do is to have one package serving the two individual computers, but obviuosly there are two different OS in play. Any suggestions/help would be very gratefully received. Thank you. Sailor

DieSse 19:16 09 Mar 03

It would be no problem at all - but you would not be able to use them both at the same time with two individual modems.

musicbassman 19:40 09 Mar 03

I have exactly the set up you are talking about - one computer on 98SE and one on XP. They can both access the internet (dial up - no broadband here). Point is, my ISP is Claranet and they never asked which OS system I am using. If you try to access the internet on one machine whilst the other is already on line, its just the same as if the house phone was in use and you tried to connect - the connection cannot be made until the lines current use is terminated.
Can't help you re email, I always use web based email (Hotmail) so not a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…