ISP Provider any recommendations

fedden 18:32 21 Aug 07

We Have Tried AOL & Tiscali and would like to move forward and find an ISP Provider with a UK Help Line, any ideas? Regards Fedden

Giggle n' Bits 01:16 24 Aug 07

Virgin Media or Sky ? seem to be American support with Virgin and uk or Eire for Sky, oh and pipex

beeuuem 04:15 24 Aug 07

Is it essential that the helpline is in the UK?
I am with Be. On the few occasions that I have needed support mail has always elicited a reply within two hours. The telephone helpline is offshore but is 24/7 and free.
And on a bad day my D/L speed is 18Mb

johnnyrocker 11:08 24 Aug 07

click here?

johnny.

harps1h 23:47 24 Aug 07

try ADSL24. their service is first class with good speeds plus the helpline is answered within 20 seconds. the CS is absolutely first class and knowledgeable. oh......and I forgot the helpline is uk based, worth the money alone

terryf 00:40 25 Aug 07

Try Eclipse, I've been with them for over a year now, small seems to be beautiful, UK help and you talk to a technician not some-one reading from a script. Based in Exeter. You can request help via their website. They are honest about system problems and publish details on their site when they occur (rarely). Seem to have upgraded and/or increased their hardware systems recently. Treat customers like customers, not like my last ISP (Talktalk). They don't appear to use 'traffic management'. As you can gather I recommend them.

terryf 00:41 25 Aug 07

Forgot to say their website is click here

Dipso 23:55 26 Aug 07

Check out IDNet click here Newnet click here ADSL24 click here all have 1 month contracts and UK support.

johnem 22:29 27 Aug 07

Thanks for those links.

Miked1 14:22 28 Aug 07

I found this site pretty handy too (click here) , in the end selecting Vispa Internet because I liked the quality and phone bundle.

philboam 14:53 28 Aug 07

VIRGIN helpline is situated in INDIA, where you have to pay 25p per minute for the privilege of reporting VIRGINS own faults. They read from a script repeating the same line over and over. Frankly you would get a more intelligent from talking to a parrot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…