isp connection

LOL11152 16:47 17 Sep 04

I am writing on behalf of a friend,they told me that they are having problems with a isp NTL broadband, they upgraded from pay as you go to broadband with NTL, NTL sent them the modem etc, but after installing it and NTL connected them them up they could not get connected to the internet, they phoned NTL up and told them it must be a fault with BT and BT said was NTL fault as there is nothing wrong with the line, they got in contact with NTL and the person would not allow them to cancel there agreement as the signed up and he would not allow them to talk to the main person in charge, so they sent the modem back within the cooling off period of seven days and regested the connection to be cancelled, but they are still connected and been charge for it even though they have not been able to use it, they count get connect with any other isp provider until they disconnect them. any advice that can be done, which I have heard of this problem with other people.

Noleg24 18:20 17 Sep 04

now that sounds bad. no wonder there are many people who are not happy with NTL. I would suggest trying to sue them as its unfair that they first of all say its a fault with BT (which I hate as I work for BT faults) then they dont even bother helping out their own customer in cancelling the contract. and if you sent the modem back in the 7 days cooling off period then you should be allowed to cancel the connection. I know that when I worked at BT Broadband if a customer wanted to cancel their connection they had the right to do this..even if it was after the 7 days they could cancel but they would have to pay a fee which is about £20 I think. so NTL have not made themselves look good by doing this. tell your friend she should threaten with legal action and hopefully that should make them realise what they have done is wrong. Good luck.

spuds 19:17 17 Sep 04

Contact Ofcom click here and ISPA click here for further advice and assistance.

Legal action is the very last resort.

spuds 19:21 17 Sep 04

Contact Ofcom click here and ISPA click here for further advice and assistance.

Considering legal action is the last resort, seek advice and assistance first.

spuds 19:24 17 Sep 04

Sorry about the double posting. PCA is having an off period with error messages :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…