ISP complaint system?

orlandogreenback 19:17 21 May 04

Anyone know who I should report an obstructive, deceitful ISP who have nearly forty quid of my money to? It's a long story.

spuds 20:57 21 May 04

But if you don't want to, you could try click here or click here

orlandogreenback 22:46 27 May 04

Will check those links out. The ISP shall remain nameless for now, but continued to bill me despite my cancellation of the service in January; they claim not to have received either my letter or email. Regardless, I wasn't billed in february so I thought my cancellation had been succesful. The charge then reappeared in March. Long story short, I've been billed for three months when I wasn't using the service; they claim cancellation involves 30 days notice and the supply of a password (neither of these stipulations are in their terms and conditions) and are refusing to refund my credit card. They also claim to have billed me in february when my visa bill states otherwise. Have also reported them to trading standards but I'm not leaving it there. Thanks for the links.

byfordr 08:19 28 May 04

Also get your credit company to have a word...

orlandogreenback 09:20 28 May 04

when the problem arose; they claim all they can do is query the charge, which they duly did to no effect; was this a blatant cop out?

nyleridedog 16:40 30 May 04

i reckon the isp in question is aol!
did it to me for 100 odd quid

orlandogreenback 11:47 01 Jun 04

Put is this way, you could buy your shopping there.

MichelleC 13:20 01 Jun 04

With some cc companies you have to insist as they try and get out of their obligations. My cc co will stop all payments and claim refund from rogue co's if given copy of letter or email. And when they get refunds from the co it costs much more than original so penalising them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…