irregularities in my paypal account

citadel 23:27 04 Mar 08

but I do not have a paypal account, presume it is some scam and deleted without clicking the link. be wary if you do have an account.

g0slp 08:32 05 Mar 08

These are a regular thing, citadel.

Likewise 'There are irregularities with your bank account' scam emails.

Always useful for reminders occasionally, though, for the benefit of newbies.

crosstrainer 11:42 05 Mar 08

The golden rule:

NO Bank, credit card company, loan provider etc. Will EVER email you requesting your details (I get regular warnings on this when I log on to my bank via the web)

If you do get such an email, contact the institution concerned and let them know....Most have a fraud department set up to deal with this kind of scam.....Believe it or not, despite all the good advice, people do still provide details and they do get ripped off!

lisa02 11:50 05 Mar 08

Also another one is to never blindly click a link from an email, type the address in yourself. Even if is just from a shopping site.

spuds 12:52 05 Mar 08

Regular occurrence in my email tray, similar with other banking companies informing that I must update my banking detail with them (If only!).

Will mention that I seem to have an increasing number of recent eBay 'contact' emails supposedly originating from the USA, regarding items that I have or suppose to be bidding on (link provided). I use the suggestion by lisa02, if I want to investigate further.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced