iQon notebook

relwof 18:50 02 Feb 06

Hi there, I'm not only new to these forums but also to computers, so PLEASE bear with me. I've recently purchased an iQon nbk, with an intel celeron m360 processor, dvdrw rewriter/burner drive, 2* 512mb so-dimm ram, 60gb hard disk drive, wireless lan card.
Is this a good purchase for £799?
Is the processor any good? and if so what is it capable of?
What does the wireless lan card for?
Thanks.

SG Atlantis® 20:23 02 Feb 06

If you've already bought it why punish yourself by asking was it good value?

Are you having problems or just "buyers remorse"?

click here

A wireless land card is used for connecting the laptop to a wireless network.

SG Atlantis® 20:24 02 Feb 06

land? I mean... *LAN

relwof 19:11 03 Feb 06

The reason I ask is because (and I know this is not recomended) I got it by mail order and can send it back if it's crap.
A wireless network? I was hoping that's what it was for but having said that, I need an expensive broadband connection for that don't I?
Celeron?

SG Atlantis® 19:22 03 Feb 06

broadband isn't expensive now.

Do you have the full spec of the machine, including graphics card details?

A model number??

What kind of uses are you gonna put the machine to?

relwof 09:40 04 Feb 06

Firstly thanks for your help SG, its greatly appreciated. I don't know too much other than what I've mention already with regards to the specs. There is no user nanual as such, just a driver disc with the machine.
At the moment I'm just backing up dvds. I want to get more familiar with the machine and its capabilities before I decide what I want to do, infact I'm currently using my old desktop for dial-up until I decide on a broadband IP. (any suggestions?)

relwof 09:42 04 Feb 06

Wow, I must have had a few too many last night judging by my spelling lol.
NANUAL?
MENTION?

SG Atlantis® 09:45 04 Feb 06

In summary it's not the best value for £799 but it isn't the worst, you'll always find cheaper anyway. If you're happy enough then that's that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…