Ipod nano won't switch off

Roy* 14:12 13 Sep 07

My daughters Ipod nano won't turn off, it's 3 months old. Her friends have had similar problems and they said to let it drain completely then charge again, we're trying that?

Is this a known fault?

Anybody like to suggest alternative solution?

I bought it from Amazon who i know wouldn't have a problem replacing but obviously it's taken her a while to build up the contents.

Probabilitydrive 14:23 13 Sep 07

It happens to my ipod nano as well and I use the same method as your daughters friends. I have tried resetting the ipod to its factory setting and reloading it with its latest software, but it is still happening. Haven't found a solution as yet.

Roy* 16:52 13 Sep 07

I see, it's a bit rubbish then. I take it Ipod are aware of this defect and working on a countermeasure?

powerless 18:21 13 Sep 07

You need to hold down the play/pause button for a few seconds and it will 'turn off'.

Monoux 18:49 13 Sep 07

click here

I've used this method on my daughters Ipod several times and it seems to work fine

Shame Apple don't stop the problem arising in the first place but there you go.

frimm 22:03 13 Sep 07

Bucket of water will also do the trick :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…