ipod 40 gb vs iriver 40gb vs new sony

byfordr 15:25 11 May 04

I'm after a high capacity HD based MP3 player. I've narrowed it down to the following:-

iRiver iHP-140 - £275
ipod 40 gb - £330 (possibly cheaper from New York)

Or wait for the new fangled sony one click here

Anyone have any experience of any of these or perhaps a suggestion of a different one?

The iriver seems to come with pretty much everything you need to get you going (including case)

Does any know if you need special cables to connect to a hi-fi or will standard ones do?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

R

Chronos 16:32 11 May 04

I have the iRiver iHP140 and it is ace, best toy ever i have had...

Chronos 16:33 11 May 04

it runs on a usb lead, which comes with it, along with a remote control..

Chronos 16:36 11 May 04

i read it wrong, you have to connect it to the PC, not the HI-FI...then just drag the tracks or files into it....

byfordr 16:42 11 May 04

What the radio like any good?

Chronos 16:48 11 May 04

very rarely use it, but it is fine, i just listen to the 900 tracks i have put in it so far.

byfordr 16:49 11 May 04

;-)

ch0pper 18:19 11 May 04

I have an iPod and it is sex on legs, as they say.

That being said, I'd never come across the iRiver device.

Also, Phillips do a very sexy MP3/.wma player that is also very attractive and well-built and also very competitively priced.

Curio 18:34 11 May 04

click here. Have a look at this one. Cheaper than the competition and sounds great with good Headphones.
Well worthy of consideration

Curio 22:02 11 May 04

Should have said sounds great with a better set of headphones

byfordr 22:27 11 May 04

Cheers for that! Must confess I've never heard of them, not a sleek as the iriver or ipod, but a lot cheaper. Anyone with any experience of one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…