iPhone "unlocking" SIM

merciarich 09:22 23 Feb 08

I have recently come across this website

click here

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the whole iPhone unlocking

This website states that it isnt "unlocking" as we would understand the term, but it allows you to use a Pay and go o2 SIM instead of signing up to the 18-month contract

I have heard however that not using a Pay monthly SIM with the iPhone means that some of the features do not work, not to mention you would have to pay quite a lot of your credit for the web browsing facilites etc

mikef. 18:09 23 Feb 08

No contact details apart from email on site, which seems somewhat dodgy to me as well as, I think illegal

merciarich 18:15 23 Feb 08

Illegal I'm sure. Plus o2 wouldn't like it as they couldn;t charge you £35 for 18 months lol

But surely the fact that it goes through Paypal gives you some protection? Coupled with using a credit card, if its a con you can get your money back though surely?

PP321 18:31 23 Feb 08

Also shouldnt this be in the mobile forum?

qbie 22:24 23 Feb 08

There's plenty of free open source options for unlocking your iPhone. I unlocked mine (a friend sent it me from the states) and use it on Orange PAYG.

Google for ZiPhone, that seems the be the best unlocking software at the moment, works with the new 1.1.3 phones. Also go to sites like ModMyiFone (click here) for tutorials and forums.

merciarich 23:09 23 Feb 08

Doesnt it stop some of the iphone features from working?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac