iPac under a tenner?

nightporter 12:31 19 Mar 03

Amazon are showing an iPac for £7.50 must be an error, and now amazon.co.uk is temp closed. I think someone messed up big style.

Ellie3009 12:44 19 Mar 03

Quick, buy one! ;o)

AngeTheHippy 14:12 19 Mar 03

Ordered mine ..... Got the e-mail confirmation ... now it remains to be seen whether Amazon honour their cock-up.... SOMEONE'S for the boot!!!!!

AngeTheHippy
xx

ps. Site up & running again, but look for the HP iPac 1910 . . . you won't find it anywhere!!!

Sir Radfordin™ 14:38 19 Mar 03
  « Ravin » 15:44 19 Mar 03

"Amazon issued a statement admitting the error and cancelling the orders which had been placed at the incorrect price"

outa luck ange? :( :-D

Sir Radfordin™ 16:05 19 Mar 03

Two more links:

click here#

click here

I don't think you'll be ipacing on the cheap!

rins36 20:45 20 Mar 03

Ages ago i read something in the newsapaer that if something like happens the order has to honoured!

Cant remember the item that was falsely advertised, but 95% sure the customers got the said item

TOPCAT® 22:17 20 Mar 03

According to an INQUIRER reader, after talking to a local trading standards official about the legal position on this buy, he was told that he was "well within his rights" to take Amazon UK to a civil court if it refused to sell him the products at these low prices.

He said trading standards told him that a confirmation email he'd had from Amazon saying that "under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any of these items" could be a problem for Amazon.

That's because Amazon is implying no contract existed between the company and customer.

The email cancels a contract that Amazon said did not exist.

click here

chrishillcoat 22:28 20 Mar 03

Is a retailer obligated to sell an item which it has wrongly priced? I didn't think so. In fact, are they obligated to sell you anything? Again, I didn't think so.

Chris Hillcoat

rins36 23:14 20 Mar 03

chrishillcoat

As I have worked in the retail business in the past, it is a fact that if an Item is priced on the shelf @ £15.99 & should be priced £150.99 then the retailer has to sell the product at the price on the shelf. Trust me this has happened as the retailer knows that if Trading Standards etc get involved it can cost them a darn sight more in legal costs fighting the case than selling to said item at the said price to the customer

As the saying goes..........The customer is always right

davidg_richmond 00:09 21 Mar 03

in law as the trading standards and others say you cannot force a shop to sell at a lower price - this is because no contract exists between buyer and seller at that point, and a seller always has the right to refuse sale. the only time a sller has to honour a price is when a contract exists - in the amazon case, according to terms and conditions, this is only when an item is confirmed for despatch and the card is debited (until then it is only an offer not a contract). so amazon is within their rights to refuse the sale.

in the high-street retail situation a customer can only ask they honour the price as a measure of goodwill, and if the store does not it can be taken to Trading Standards to decide. if a price is an honest mistake, and the customer should reasonably know it is a mistake or is unrealistic, there is not much of a case.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…