IP Security Cameras & Control Software.

wint 13:39 05 May 07

I have been looking at IP (wired) cameras and the choice is amazing. Almost too many to wade through.

Does anyone have any experience of these devices and software to control & record onto PC. The ones I have seen on-line also have remote viewing facilities and some have an email alert when movement is detected although my neighbour's cats would set it off all the time!.

Low light level - possibly IR - is essential too.

Not sure about interior or exterior (with a housing) either.

This one looks interesting at £74.93 click here but with some of the competition being £600 plus I wonder if it is too cheap? Going on "you get what you pay for" I wonder what would be a reasonable amount to pay?

I don't want to pay too much.

spuds 19:18 05 May 07

The unit in the link is for interior 'low light' use.

What we did a couple of years ago, was purchase a couple of cheaper version webcams, and run them through a programme similar to click here Seemed to cover our needs at the time.

Since then, we have had an expensive multi-point cctv system installed.

wint 10:15 06 May 07

Spuds, you are correct, they are int. low light units. I could buy housings and put 'em in. I don't think web cams, well mine anyway, have the resolution, mine certainly doesn't have the low light level needed.

I will have a further look in that direction, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009