Iolo System Mechanic 10 Is Out.

Big L 266 19:24 10 Oct 10

Hello.

My computer is a Dell Studio 540 running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit and bought in February 2009. My internet is provided by TalkTalk and runs on a patch 6 cable of 2 metres with my download speed being a minimum 16.5Mbps.I call her 'Bessie'!

After loading the original 30 day free fully functional software some months ago thanks to a recommendation in PCA,the new Version 10 has just been released. One of the best additional and innovative ideas has to be their new 'Program Accelerator'.

The principle idea of this is to re-align the programmes and dependent files on the hard-drives to speed up the programme launch times.Ticking the appropriate boxes,I then launched said item and it took around 6 hours to re-align every file on each hard drive. Watching just how it did it was fascinating enough but it did eventually complete the tasks I set it.

I then finished off the remaining items I'd asked the system mechanic to do,and then restarted my computer.Now I usually spend a few hours weekly running scans for bugs and checking that all is ok,and end with a defrag before rebooting.

Once I've done this,I restart and it normally takes around 4/5 minutes to get going properly.However after the restart with the iolo 'Program Accelerator',and complete with mobile phone stopwatch at the ready,I was up and running within 2 minutes.Truly amazing I assure you.I simply couldn't believe how fast my computer became.Everything works fine and is a lot quicker now.Its almost like a new computer.

I am very pleased with V.10 and am glad that I saw the review in PCA some months ago.It really does keep my computer in tip-top condition.

The new buzzword for this from iolo is 'entropy'.

Hope this brief overview is of assistance.

Big L 266

spuds 20:06 10 Oct 10

As a point of interest, what anti device programs do you have on your system. According to some reviews on this latest product, including the editor's review on cnet.download.com, there might be a conflicting or recognising problem with some anti devices.

Big L 266 20:41 10 Oct 10

Hello.

spuds....My full security bundle is Norton 360, SuperAntiSpyware (pro version) and Malwarebytes (free version)all of which seem unaffected by its recent installation. The 'extras' I have are ccleaner and Secunia which also appear to be unaffected. Hope this helps.

Big L 266

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…