Intuit

laurie53 08:45 02 Apr 07

I've just had a couple of e-mails from a company called Intuit thanking me for my order and updating my account.

Needless to say I have no account.

Now Intuit seem to be a fairly legit company so does anyone know if they've been compromised?

You don't normally get a warning before unauthorised transactions, but it's a bit worrying.

Not sure what action to take other than inform my card companies.

Anybody had anything similar?

Laurie

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:20 02 Apr 07

Why not phone them or email them?

G

laurie53 09:30 02 Apr 07

Sorry Gandalf. Already done that.

As they seem a legit company (they publish "quicken" which I think I've heard of) I've warned them that I do not accept any order or debt to them.

As it's still Sunday over there (they're a US company) no reply yet.

They've also sent me the full postal address of the person who allegedly placed the order, seems like a perfectly normal Maryland address, so just in case they're just an ordinary punter like me I will send them a snail mail mail warning them their account's been compromised

Laurie

UncleP 11:07 02 Apr 07

They are a well-known company selling financial software to home and small business users (although they no longer support Quicken itself). They have a branch in the UK (Chertsey, I believe); last time I rang them the customer services number was 0800 585058 - worth a try!

You will need to give the customer and order numbers (presumably on the e-mails) for them to check the actual details and delivery address.

pj123 13:09 02 Apr 07

For Intuit UK click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant