Internet/email changes "***" letters to ***

Every time I type the letters "***" and use the internet or email my PC sends *** instead. It may happen with this note. The letters are

A

L

L

Emails with "***" anywhere end up as *** even within other words such as sm***, t*** etc.

Do I have a virus ? If so how do I get rid of it?

Clapton is God 13:44 15 Mar 08

Can you System Restore to a time before this started happening?

If not, try uninstalling and reinstalling your keyboard driver

wee eddie 15:46 15 Mar 08

and is it regularly updated?

If so could you give us a list and when it was last updated and run

I have used system restore to back to December but *** I get is the same.
I have Zone alarm pro inst***ed but still the problem remains.

wee eddie 18:20 15 Mar 08

How often have you set it to Update and Scan?

it has been inst***ed for years and is set to upadte daily.

wee eddie 22:00 15 Mar 08

If it were a virus, ZA should have picked it up. Sorry I had to check on your Protection as some have none.

Can you remember when you first noticed it? Date/Day/That kind of thing. Any downloads in the previous few days? Or run any new software in that period? Do you use p2p for downloading?

Patr100 22:28 15 Mar 08

does it only happen within certain prgrams?
Say using notepad?

Can you try another keyboard?

-

I have just found that it does not happen if I connect to the internet via Mozilla Firefox. This connection is vie IE but I will now try and send another message via Firefox. Does this give anybody a clue because it is re***y annoying.

This posting is via firefox lets see what happens

I have just found that it does not happen if I connect to the internet via Mozilla Firefox. This connection is vie IE but I will now try and send another message via Firefox. Does this give anybody a clue because it is re***y annoying.

Sorry got that one wrong!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…