Internet speed up

timitm 22:05 07 Feb 04

I have still got the old 56k modem system and i was wondering if there is anyway of speeding it up
or if there was a way of getting aol broadband cheaper

Please Help

I hope to respond to you quickly

tim

canard 22:21 07 Feb 04

Supanet was listed as the most efficient ISP a while ago and it was certainly faster than Freeserve when I was on Anytime. Trouble with ISPs is that new ones have less people using their servers so happy customers tell their friends who all rush to join and the result is yet another ISP with overloaded servers. Keeping your PC speed up by keeping running apps down, regular defrag and setting IE to empty temp internet files when browser closes all seemed to do some good by keeping your end at max speed.

Gaz 25 22:53 07 Feb 04

I still am and always have been for 5-6 years been using supanet.

I used the classic then upgraded to supahighway, and the internet was very fast. I have recently upgraded to broadband as my requirements for a fast connection are now high, such as that is is shared between a lot of computers, and I do a lot of uploading, + dont like down time on any webpages as they must load quickly for speed so I can check webpages in break neck time, and supanet has lived up to that with there 5Mbps broadband.

Go for supanet, and if yuo still need a faster connection then optimise the modem by using my instructions that are coming soon on my new site. click here

Ranger 00:36 08 Feb 04

look here

click here

ddd3 13:53 08 Feb 04

I believe Nildram were rated best overall for the last two years, although on the monthly stats they were recently replaced by another provider who has now been toppled by Firefly, which seems to support Canard's theory.

click here is a good place to check, although it's a pain to navigate...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…