Internet Shopping

oresome 20:14 06 Jan 04

My first internet purchase of the year has gone pear shaped. Ordered a number of items from Screwfix which arrived on Monday as expected. One item damaged, so rang the helpline. The damaged item, a towel radiator can be picked up on Wednesday, but the replacement cannot be delivered at the same time. This will be delivered on Friday presumably when they've got the original back. That's 3 days waiting in for the carrier in one week. I'm not popular with the better half! Especially as we have a B&Q within 2 miles.

Tim1964 22:45 07 Jan 04

Can you have it delivered to someone who you know will be available all day? We are all out during the day and the postie can't get through our communal security door anyway so we have larger parcels sent to my brothers business premises up the road and I pick it up from him after work.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:06 07 Jan 04

In the States you can have parcels delivered to most petrol, aka gas, stations and you can collect on the way to work/home. IIRC it costs about $2/3 extra. Here in blighty, you can have the parcel delivered to the nearest PO for about 50p. and you can collect from there.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:07 07 Jan 04

ps....it also supports your local PO ;-))

G

sdf 23:08 07 Jan 04

screw fix are usually really amazing in my experience. On instance we ordered an item but it was wrong for the job we wanted it for, rang them at 3pm, the next day the courier had come with a replacement, dont give up on them in general, they are one of the best suppliers I know of

oresome 09:00 08 Jan 04

Just checked the rest of the order and the tap tails I ordered which are described in the printed catalogue as 15mm are in fact 22mm. I've checked the on-line description which is 22mm. I ordered on line, but used the printed catalogue to get the part numbers. Looks like a printing error.
Wouldn't be too bad, but I was extolling the virtues of on-line shopping to my wife following hassle at B&Q over the weekend and the inordinate time it takes to make a purchase.

oresome 09:10 08 Jan 04

PS. Order from 7dayshopcom arrived yesterday and all items present and correct. The non original cartridges are different to last time, but if they work as well, I will be well satisfied.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…