Internet security trials

scott26985 15:42 17 May 07

Can anyone recommend some Internet security packages with a free month (or longer) trial? I have already used the Bullguard and Kaspersky free trial. I also need ones that are Vista Ready. Thanks.

wee eddie 17:28 17 May 07

Accept the offer of a completely Free one

scott26985 11:54 18 May 07

what do you mean?

wee eddie 12:17 18 May 07

No need to pay.

Just type Free into the search Forum box and Start investigating.

I use:

AVG, Zone Alarm, SpyBot, Ad Aware and A-squared. All free and they do the business.

One thing: Only install 1 Anti Virus, more than one is a recipe for disaster.

birdface 10:21 20 May 07
  birdface 10:31 20 May 07

Hi,Sorry just noticed your Vista ready,As far as I can make out it works with Vista,But I would wait untill you can get someone to confirm it if you are thinking of using it.

Probabilitydrive 11:23 20 May 07

Might get you started click here

freaky 18:29 20 May 07

You can try Microsoft Windows Live OneCare on 90 days free trial: -

click here

It includes all you need for Internet Security, cleaning your hard drive and backing up.

Tried it on one of my PC's for 90 days, liked it so much that I bought and installed it on the other two. Runs great, does not slow the PC and updates the Anti-Virus twice a day.

It's very easy to use with an excellent interface and 2-way Firewall.

scott26985 19:07 20 May 07

Cool I'll use that one next. I have used:

Bullguard

Kaspersky

Panda

Im just started Panda, it looks good but it slows my PC right down. Best so far is Kaspersky

freaky 19:21 20 May 07

Strongly suggest you uninstall any current AV and firewalls before downloading Windows Live OneCare. If you do not, then the download may get corrupted.

Prior to getting LOC I had Sunbelt Kerio Firewall. I did not disable it before the download and it really messed things up for a while.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac