Internet Purchasing

Kingell 14:19 04 Sep 06

I have had a few bad experiences with internet purchasing. The problem is contacting the firm when things go wrong. I NEVER deal with DABs COM now because of this problem.

Now I have been dealing with Info-tech systems. I ordered apparatus on August 6th - there was nothing to indicate it wasn't in stock. They took my money there and then.4 weeks later I still do not have the product.

The "press no 1 rubbish" appears and then you are held on a trunk line. I have done this 15 times now. I have sent 3 Emails and tried to fax. My fax machine retries automatically and has been at it for two days. I suspect there is no paper put in the fax machine. Whether this is deliberate or not is open to speculation.

I am now sending a recorded delivery letter threatening court action unless my money is refunded.

silverous 14:29 04 Sep 06

Personally I haven't heard of ino-tech systems. I've used Dabs before and not had a problem.

This is the downside, if there is one, of internet purchasing...you can't just drop in like you can to PC World. It is an element of risk. Best to buy from highly rated and recommended suppliers. They also should have some means of contact but it sounds like some aren't particularly quick in responding. I think you are doing the right thing with the recorded delivery. Did you buy on a credit card? You have some protection there also if you did. Always buy over internet on credit card.

Kingell 14:40 04 Sep 06

Thanks for the advice - I was aware of all this but couldn't find what I needed anywhere else and the price made me a sucker!!

diamond-joe 16:16 04 Sep 06

I buy from click here others have mentioned them here before. Find the service they offer is 1st class every time.

Stuartli 16:39 04 Sep 06

I've just checked out the Info-Tech systems website and had a look at around half-a-dozen different products sections.

I would estimate that approximately 90 per cent of the products listed I looked at are stated to be Temporarily Out Of Stock.

That rings alarm bells.

Stuartli 16:41 04 Sep 06
  Kingell 23:13 04 Sep 06

Yes that's true but it wasn't marked as such before I sent complaining E-mails to which they never replied. I want to alert someone - Trading Standards?

Kingell 23:18 04 Sep 06

I already buy from Novatech and they are excellent but they didn't have what I wanted. Check out Behringer HA8000. I've bought one from Rose Morris (Saturday) - now arriving tomorrow Tuesday. I'm still after my money back from the other lot!

Kingell 23:21 04 Sep 06

Mine said Buy Now which to me indicated it was in stock - check out the examples above and you'll see you can't "Buy now".

sean-278262 23:59 04 Sep 06

If you paid by credit card call the Card company and tell them the story. They will investigate and refund you if there has been a problem. It looks like the place is going bust if you ask me. Clearing off all its lines and then going without a trace.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced